An Interim Housing and Community Resource Non Profit Organization
Victory Starts Now (VSN) is a Community Based Restoration Program servicing the Los Angeles County area.
In a collaborative effort with Los Angeles City's OFFICE of DIVERSION and RE ENTRY we seek to provide permanent supportive housing to individuals who are homeless.
Any group of people living together clearly requires organization and team work in order for the house to function smoothly. Many of the rules relate to these kinds of household details. In addition, and more importantly, each of these rules has a similar “rule” in the outside world of work, family, life, etc. Breaking of these rules will result in a review and possible discharge from our home and termination of your Resident Agreement. Often, people suffering from dependency, have patterns of irresponsible behavior resulting in lost jobs, lost relationships, loss of self respect, etc. By recognizing and using these rules as positive guidelines, each of us can strengthen our recovery by learning to live orderly and responsible lives.
1. Zero Tolerance for drug or alcohol use. (No engaging in illegal substance manufacturing, possession and/or distribution will be tolerated.)
2. Zero Tolerance for stealing. (Taking food from others without permission is considered stealing. We encourage community cooking, meal planning and sharing dinner time together. This is to assist in developing a family like structure.)
3. Zero Tolerance for destruction of VSN or other residents’ property.
4. Zero Tolerance for sexual activity between residents.
5. Zero Tolerance for physical confrontation or verbal confrontation with any staff or resident.
PREVENTION PROGRAMS & MEDICATION
6. Any resident who is on prescribed medications must immediately inform the house manager, all medication must be approved by the house manager. All medications must be taken as prescribed.
7. As a member of a recovering community, based on the principles of honesty, trust and helping to create a safe and sober environment, we request any resident who knows that another resident has violated any rules of VSN report the behavior to staff.
8. Any visitor to VSN property will be asked to leave immediately if VSN staff or residents suspect any use of illegal or illicit drugs, including alcohol. Residents who have been asked to leave due to their own breach of rules will not be permitted back on the property.
9. All residents must attend 6 AA/NA meetings their first 90 days of residing at VSN. Meeting verification sheets are due at the house meeting.
10. Residents must obtain and maintain a sponsor while living at VSN.
11. Residents must attend a mandatory House Meeting one time a week, every Sunday at 6:00 P.M.
12. Residents must attend the mandatory weekly Relapse Prevention meeting unless at work or in class.
13. Residents must be willing to submit to a drug/alcohol urine screen upon the request of the manager.
HOUSE POLICY, CURFEWS, AND EMPLOYMENT
14. We request that a resident commit to a 90 day stay.
15. Residents’ rooms must be clean at all times. (Residents’ beds are to be made when the residents are not in the bed.)
16. Curfew is 11:00 PM Sunday through Thursday and 1:00 AM Friday and Saturday for the first 30 days with no exceptions. (Curfew may be lifted after 30 days provided the resident is employed and in good standing with VSN.)
17. Residents must sleep at the house each night unless prior arrangements have been made with staff.
18. Overnight passes are given after 30 days living at VSN. (Maximum 2 nights per week)
19. Residents are not permitted to have overnight guests. All visitors to the property must be approved by staff and must be off the property by 11:00 PM.
20. There is absolutely no loitering in the front of the property.
21. Residents must be employed or enrolled in school within the first 30 days of living at VSN.
22. Residents having unusual job requirements must have VSN staff approval.
23. Residents not employed or in school must be off the property by 9 AM daily and return after 4 PM. Unless involved in an onsite program or given a STAY pass.
24. Residents will participate in ongoing mandatory house chores.
25. Because this is a sober living environment and we are to be working as a family unit, new applicants will be interviewed by residents and staff at house meetings.
*Obtain a Copy of House Rules in writing as rules on website may not reflect changes in your current residence's rules and regulations